I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Gitte of the lovely blog, The Bookworm's Closet. Thanks Gitte!
“The idea of the Sunshine Award is that you nominate bloggers who put a little sunshine in your day, who are positive, creative and inspiring.”Gitte's Questions:
– Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
– Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
1. What’s your favourite reading snack?
Generally I go for chocolate, or something that won't leave crumbs (or evidence of my snacking) between the pages.
2. Have you’ve ever thought that the movie was better than the book?
Maybe with The Life of Pi- I was a bit upset with the ending of the book. When you sit down to watch it, you aren't committing as much time to the story, therefore making me less upset.
3. Do you have any fictional crushes?
I harbored great affection for an immortal named Luthe due to my favorite book as a child being The Hero and the Crown. I suppose that would count as a crush.
4. Imagine there are no more physical books (the horror!), which would you choose: e-book or audio book?
Having recently tried out audio books, I have to say I'm attached to e-books more. I've noticed if I've never seen a person's name written down, I rarely recall it. Meanwhile, I can name most of the names of the bloggers I follow without missing a beat. My memory is better when things are written down, so e-books (as a visual medium) are more my speed.
5. Favourite place to read?
|The three bed hogs. George and Keisha fight over the pink fluffy bed-in-the-bed.|
6. You have to dress up like a literary character, which one do you choose?
I think in this case I'd choose Alexia from the Parasol Protectorate series. Her parasol is fantastic- I wish I had one like it.
7. Have you ever tried to write fiction yourself?
Yes, I've been writing the same (fantasy) book since I was twelve years old. The book is almost tween-age now, but I really like to write, tear it apart, rewrite, improve, and so on. If only I had the gumption of Brandon Sanderson (the Benevolent)...
8. Tea or coffee?
Coffee, when my stomach isn't in a mood. Tea can actually make my usual stomach pain a lot worse, even if it's the type of tea supposed to 'heal' stomachaches. Naturally, I avoid tea at all costs, even though many of my favorite characters are of the opposite persuasion.
9. Do you feel you connect more with people who read books than with people who don’t?
Yes! I'm not the best conversationalist, but if someone reads the same books I do, we'll have much more to talk about than the weather and the news.
10. Have you ever brought a book on a date?
No, but if it was a date with someone I wanted to ignore, I'd be reading my kindle under the table. Generally I'm the non-date type of person (by choice).
11. What’s the best thing about blogging?
Definitely the community. I've never really considered quitting blogging, but I know that would be what I'd miss most if I did.
Because there are people who don't like these tags/awards and people who would 'rather not', I'm nominating all of my commenters who would enjoy participating this sort of thing. You brighten my inbox. :)
Questions for My Nominees (who wish to participate):
1. If you could meet one author (living or dead), who would you meet and why?
2. Do you have a certain order which you like to arrange your books on their shelves?
3. What's the one book you've really enjoyed this year?
4. Have you ever dog-eared a page or written in a book?
5. Would you rather have ten grubby copies of your favorite book to share, or one limited edition collectible tome signed by the author to keep for yourself?
6. Do you stick to certain genres of books to read or are you willing to read any genre?
7. How many books do you own?
8. If you could bring a fictional character to (real) life, who would you choose?
9. Is there a book you wish you hadn't read?
10. Do you have a favorite word?
11. Other than reading, what's your favorite hobby?
Until next time,