Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!



Warning: This is a non book post. Turn back immediately if you don't like my non book posts.

I realize that it's highly unusual for someone so devoutly single (i.e. me) to celebrate a holiday that is geared toward couples, but I've always felt Valentine's was more about love and goodwill than 'romance' as it is known today. Coming from the girl who watched a certain brother con his way through relationships (girls bought him candy on Valentine's Day, not the other way around) I've always been cynical about romantic entanglements and have done my best to avoid them. But my roundabout point of this relatively out-of-orbit post is this: this day can be whatever us single folks wish to make it. I have never understood why anyone would feel left out of the holiday when there is no law that states only couples can celebrate it- I've always made a Valentine's dessert (almost always cheesecake) and went about my life normally, avoiding the crowded restaurants, of course.

A cheesecake with chocolate ganache and caramel drizzle, set in a pretzel crust

This Valentine's Day, remember that it's whatever you make of it, and above all- enjoy yourself, whether alone or with others. It also doesn't hurt (anything but your diet) to make a turtle cheesecake with a pretzel crust, which I made back when I lived at my grandma's house (she actually found the recipe here).

Happy Valentine's Day for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...