Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Month in Review for April 2016: Four Books and a Critique

Some months just don't go the way you want them to! With my left arm and hand revolting and being a serious pain whenever I typed for about half of the month, I abandoned my blog for most of the time it took to recover. Because I have the worst luck with health problems (they tend to snowball whenever I push myself too hard), I wasn't going to risk my right hand/wrist giving out when I really like having it functional. Thus, by the end of April, I noticed I'd only read four books, and written one critique. It's definitely been an unusual month for me.

Statistics:
 Total Posts: 8
  Total Critiques: 1
  Genres:
    Fantasy: 1
    Part of a Series: 1

Most Popular Posts of April:
Victorian Soul Critiques Turns Two!
Fortnightly Update #8: The Curse of the Zombie Arm
SFF: The 5 Mistakes You Made With Your Blog You Wish You'd Never Done in the First Place
SFF: The 5 Books that Make Profound Statements in 300 Pages or Less
How to Break a Book Blogger: In 3 Easy Steps!

Flashback Post (From April of a Previous Year):
"The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil #1)" by Soman Chainani

Pageviews for the Month: 1555
Comments: 27!

Reading Challenges Updates:


Travel the World in Books Challenge



Applicable Books:
The Sword Dancer (Tang Dynasty #4) by Jeannie Lin

Total for 2016 So Far: 7 of 15 Books, 4 of 5 Countries

Reading Stats:



Books read this Month: 4

Book Stats:
Has a Diverse Main Character: 1
Doesn't Have a Diverse MC: 3
Female Main Character: 3
Male Main Character: 0
Pair and/or Group of Female/Male Main Characters: 1
Genre:
 Fantasy: 1
 Historical Romance: 3
Published in 2016: 0
Published in 2000-2015: 3
Published in 1980-1999: 1
Self-Published, Small Press, or Other: 0
Traditionally Published: 4
Series Books: 4
Standalones: 0
Ebook Version: 3
Paper Version: 1
Favorite of the Month: Ship of Magic
Least Favorite of the Month: Much Ado About You (Essex Sisters #1) by Eloisa James- just too long (and the hero and heroine weren't my faves).
Most Interesting of the Month (or Book I Learned the Most From): The Sword Dancer (Tang Dynasty #4) by Jeannie Lin- whenever I read her historical romances, I always feel like my perception of China widens. You tend to think of countries in a one-note mindset, when every country has a rich and varied history.
From the-pile: 1
From the-invisible-pile: 1
Recently acquired: 2
Added to the-invisible-pile: 3
Books bought: 8
Pages Read in 2016 Thus Far (according to Goodreads): 11,786 pages

Ratings:
5 Stars: 0
4-4.5 Stars: 1
3-3.5 Stars: 2
2-2.5 Stars: 1

Author Stats (1 = 1 book read by x author):
Male: 0
Female: 4
Male/Female Team: 0
Diverse: 1
Not-so-Diverse: 3
Living: 4
Deceased: 0


Planning to Read in May:


A book set in Russia: for April, the TTWIB folks have chosen to all read a book set in Russia and/or by a Russian author. I have a thriller I've had on my shelf forever (and a day), so I intend to dust that off for this challenge (The Romanov Prophecy by Steve Berry). Full disclosure: I usually loathe thrillers, but I do love the Romanovs/old school royalty conspiracies.


Upcoming Posts:

I don't have any planned/fully written, but I definitely have intentions of writing more than one review this month!


Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. I have GOT to start reading Robin Hobb...all my blogger friends love her:-) I hope your arm feels better soon! Thanks for stopping by my blog:-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy- and yes, I highly recommend Robin Hobb. I just started reading her books this year, and I am *addicted*.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
      ~Litha Nelle

      Delete
  2. I love your book stats section. If I decide to start doing a monthly wrap up post, I just might grab it (and credit you of courwe). I am happy your arm/hand problem is better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I got the idea from hearing about other bloggers who use Excel (I think that's what they call it) to track their book stats monthly- I just incorporated what I wanted to track into mine (since I don't use Excel and procrastinate). I'm glad I can finally do things without too much pain again too!
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting, La La!
      ~Litha Nelle

      Delete

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...