Saturday, December 10, 2016

Month in Review for November 2016: Bah Humbug


I didn't have the best November. After Keisha got worse (she refused to eat, even when I tried to feed her people food, and she could barely breathe) I took her to the vet and put her down. While I know it was the right decision, it left me feeling out of sorts and guilty, of what, I'm not sure. In my analysis of her condition, I did everything I could- but when it comes to my pets, I always think I can pull off some sort of magic healing ritual. Anyway, I couldn't, and I've been in a bad mood since then. 2016 has had some nasty surprises for me, and of them, the nastiest was Keisha's illness.

Statistics:
 Total Posts: 6
  Total Critiques: 1
  Genres:
    Out of Orbit: 1

Most Popular Posts of November:
Fortnightly Update #24: Waiting on 2017
SFF: The 5 New-To-You Authors of 2016 You Wish You'd Read Sooner
O.o.O.C.: "Out" by Natsuo Kirino
Fortnightly Update #23: Destination Destressed

Flashback Post (From November of a Previous Year):
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1)" by Douglas Adams

Pageviews for the Month: 871
Comments: 11

Reading Challenges Updates:


Travel the World in Books Challenge



Applicable Books:
Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss #1) by Nalini Singh (Set in New Zealand)

Total for 2016 So Far: 17 of 15 Books, 11 of 5 Countries (Completed/Overachiever Status)


Reading Stats:



Books read this Month: 6

Book Stats:
Has a Diverse Main Character: 3
Doesn't Have a Diverse MC: 3
Female Main Character: 1
Male Main Character:0
Pair and/or Group of Female/Male Main Characters: 5
Genre:
 Sci-fi: 1
 Historical Romance: 1
 Fantasy Romance: 2
 Mystery (Contemporary-ish): 1
 Contemporary Romance: 1
Published in 2016: 0
Published in 2000-2015: 4
Published in 1990s: 2
Self-Published, Small Press, or Other: 1
Traditionally Published: 5
Series Books: 4
Standalones: 2
Ebook Version: 5
Paper Version: 1
Favorite of the Month: Bloodchild: And Other Stories by Octavia E. Butler- I was surprised how much I liked these stories- it also includes her take on them, and some essays and articles she had written.
Least Favorite of the Month: Mistletoe Murder (Lucy Stone #1) by Leslie Meier- their family cat dies, and Lucy barely bats an eyelash. O_O
Most Interesting of the Month (or Book I Learned the Most From): Bloodchild: And Other Stories by Octavia E. Butler again- I didn't know much about Miss Butler, but I learned a lot from this book.
From the-pile: 1
From the-invisible-pile: 2
Recently acquired: 3
Added to the-invisible-pile: 1
Books bought: 0
Pages Read in 2016 Thus Far (according to Goodreads): 30,303 pages


Ratings:
5 Stars: 1
4-4.5 Stars: 1
3-3.5 Stars: 2
2-2.5 Stars: 2

Author Stats (1 = 1 book read by x author):
Male: 0
Female: 6
Male/Female Team: 0
Diverse: 3
Not-so-Diverse: 3
Living: 5
Deceased: 1

Planning to Read in December:


Mostly, I'll be reading anything that is on the positive end of the spectrum since I've had such a hard time lately. I also reduced my reading challenge so I can focus more on what I want to do and celebrate this year than be nervous about not meeting that.

Upcoming Posts:


I hope to have some year end lists, but we'll see how it goes. I expect to be more active in the blogosphere next year with many things to look forward to including Vintage Sci-fi Month in January.

Happy Reading!


4 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm so sorry about Keisha, Litha. You did the best you could and it was her time to go. It looks like you've had a pretty productive reading month though! I hope you have a better December :)

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying that, Laura. I did have a good reading month- and I hope your December is amazing as well!
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting (even though it takes me some time to get back, lol)!
      ~Litha Nelle

      Delete
  2. Sorry I have been missing posts. I subscribed with two different emails when your posts weren't showing up in the first one, now they have also disappeared from the second. I have an email for second tier blogs. I'll put you on that one too and see if you will at least show up on one of the three. Geesh. It makes me wonder how mamy people might not be getting my emails. I am sorry about Keisha.

    I am going to be doing the Vintage SciFi Challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking into different email subscription services, and it seems like 99% charge you for the ability to use them, so I'm not sure what to do- I still get my blog posts emailed, though they usually are 12+ hours after I post. I was in a major blame myself state after I put Keisha down, but I've kind of gotten through it. I'm not exempt from having my animals have severe health problems just because I have health problems, but it seems like I should be.
      I'm glad you're joining in! I had a lot of fun doing it last year.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting, La La!
      ~Litha Nelle

      Delete

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...