Thursday, March 17, 2016

"Better World Books" Haul Round 2


Since I found quite a few gems last time when I ordered from Better World Books, I decided I would indulge in another round of mad book hoarding cheap book acquiring since they were having a 24 hour sale.


Sebastian (Ephemera #1) by Anne Bishop
Belladonna (Ephemera #2) by Anne Bishop
I was going through my list of favorite authors and searching them to see if they had books available when it occurred to me to search for Anne Bishop. Although I had tried and discarded her Black Jewels series, I wasn't sure if she had anything else I hadn't read yet. As it turns out, she also has written the Ephemera series, which sounded interesting enough for me to purchase the first two. Normally I wouldn't be too interested in reading about an incubus, but again, this is Anne Bishop- therefore, I'll try it.


Among Thieves (Tales of the Kin #1) by Douglas Hulick
I do enjoy a good con- set in a fantasy world, of course. I have had this on my wishlist for what seems like forever, but I was glad to find it finally at a decent price.

Luck in the Shadows (Nightrunner #1) by Lynn Flewelling
This is another thief fantasy (or so I think...) but with a gay main character. Since it's unusual to find that in traditionally published (and older) fantasy, I thought I might give it a try.


The Liveship Traders Trilogy by Robin Hobb
I found myself coveting The Liveship Traders trilogy by Robin Hobb that I had passed on last time due to the notion that I could probably skip it. Since I'm loving Royal Assassin, it really didn't make sense to skip another of her series I might enjoy, especially when that series looks to have a female protagonist.


The Grand Total: $18.66 for three hardcovers and four paperbacks, and free shipping!

The animals "helping" me unbox.

Last but not least, the video debut of George and Torrie (with a brief glimpse of Keisha), who are "boxing" for the honor of the Better World Books box:



As it happens, it is also St. Patrick's Day and Torrie's Unofficial Shelter-Sanctioned Birthday. She is now 7ish years old (although I frequently tout her to be older or younger, depending on the day). I'm ever so glad I adopted her from the shelter: she's such a fun police-dog (she ruins all of George's fun).


Have you had any book buying sprees recently?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read the Anne Bishop books you got, but I think I have copies of both on my TBR shelf.

    Happy Birthday to Torrie! Thanks for sharing the video. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I glanced through the reviews on Goodreads, and they *sound* like they'll be good- but I'll have to read for myself.
      I was trying to take pictures of them and I couldn't catch them pausing, so video it was. Glad you enjoyed it!
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Wendy!
      ~Litha Nelle

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday to Torrie! George's expression in the top photo is priceless. Tee hee. I will have to check out Better World Books. Every time I get ready to do a buying spree from book outlet my sister needs to borrow money! She is keeping me from having to buy a new bookshelf though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is the "dangerous mischief" face I've grown to be wary of- I never know what he'll do once his pupils get that small. Better World Books is great if you have a certain author you're after- sometimes it's hard to sort through otherwise. Generally you can't find "fresh off the presses" books, but if you're looking to collect an author's entire works and don't have their earlier ones, generally you'll find a lot!
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting, La La!
      ~Litha Nelle

      Delete

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...