Sunday, November 13, 2016

Fortnightly Update #23: Destination Destressed


I've been completely out of sorts this week- it started as tired apprehension pre-Election Day, and post-Election Day, let's say I'd rather have eaten bars of chocolate than talked (or even mentioned) books. Between my chronic illnesses, politics, and cloudy days, I was in a grumpy mood for much of the week, and other than the therapeutic cleaning I did, I didn't get much done.

Recent Acquisitions (or the Piling of the-Piles):

the-pile Additions:

None!

the-invisible-pile Additions:

None!

Currently Reading:



I plan on adding another (lighter) read to my currently reading pile, as this one is dark and I can only take so much of that these days, 

Finished These Books:



Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu
A novella-length classic about vampires that predates Dracula, Carmilla won me over with its concise length. However, it did have racism, so the rating was knocked back. 


I really enjoyed this one, despite some of the parts of it being a bit too convenient for the plot, and the heroine changing a bit from the previous book. I think I might read the next book in the series soon, because these are traditional (rather happy) fantasies with just enough romance.


All the Stars Look Down (Elemental Mysteries #4.5) by Grace Draven and Elizabeth Hunter
This holiday-themed novella set was on sale for Kindle, and since it features two of my favorite indie authors, I snapped it up. Both of these have paranormal romance stories set during the holiday season, and one of them features a special needs child (in a realistic manner). I preferred All the Stars, as it was more standalone and had its own unique world- Look Down is part of the Elemental Mysteries series, which I'm not too fond of (though many people would beg to differ). 

In My Life:


To destress, as I've been in a terrible mood even pre-Election Day, I'm slowly beginning to decorate the house for Christmas. As I'm in a worse state physically than last year, it takes me twice as long to do anything that involves walking, reaching, and/or standing still. Mostly, Christmas decorating involves sorting through all the stuff my mother and I have accumulated and putting out what looks best. Also, I'm mad at my plant minions, because despite the fact it's November 13th, they still haven't died yet, which means I still have to hobble about to water them. If you want good, consistent exercise, make sure to have a lot of potted plants... and not live in a cold climate.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...