Saturday, March 17, 2018

One Lovely Blog Award

A doe and her fawn I came upon while walking, circa Montana years

Thanks to Stephen (of Stephen Writes) for nominating me and tagging me! Although I still have more (older) tags to attend to, this is a nice short one that I could finish more quickly.


Rules


Thank the person who nominated you for the award;
Share seven facts about yourself;
Nominate 15 other bloggers and inform them.

Seven Bookish Facts About Me




  • Every "which literary character" are you quiz ends with me being Katniss Everdeen of The Hunger Games fame, even though she's not exactly my personality type (my personality type being INTJ). I think it's probably something to do with the fact that we had gritty childhoods and will do anything to survive, but I could be wrong.



  • Although I am obsessed with J.R.R. Tolkien, for years I had only read The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Yesterday I read The Hobbit and it was another of my 5 star reads of 2018!





  • I remember after reading and watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy, I decided I would write my own books. I was 12, so I've been a book writer for 13 years! Before that, I was a short story writer who wrote about unicorns living in a subterranean environment to get extra credit for 4th grade English class.



  • I would love to go to author signings, etc., but I'm afraid the crowds might freak me out. Of course, this year I went to the Killers concert and waited in line for an hour with a bunch of people, so maybe my fear is less relevant than it used to be.





  • If I could only choose one book to bring to a desert island with me, it would be the Bible. Basically, although I find parts of it grotesque (i.e. parts of the Old Testament) I really enjoy the variety of stories it offers- and it's technically one book.



  • Although I read a ton of romance, I'm a bit of a coldly logical person when it comes to romance IRL. Sometimes it makes me feel a bit like a robot/female Spock, but I don't believe most couples will be together forever and ever... but it's nice to read about that happening!




  • I haven't read any poetry since I was about 18ish until 2017, when I started to read Rupi Kaur's work. It's powerful!


My Nominees


Since rules are made to be bent, I am going to just leave this open to anyone who would like to tag themselves. If you tag yourself, feel free to drop a link to your tag in the comments!

Which books have inspired you? Have you gone to any author/bookish events?

7 comments:

  1. My personality type is INTJ (which is Darcy's from Pride and Prejudice), but given that I was editing this late last night I didn't notice how hazy my wording was. 😅
    My first draft was a mess too- but I had several others that were better that I discarded because I was so perfectionistic.
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Kristen!
    ~Litha Nelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird that you always get the same character. So what IS your personality type, if you don't mind me asking? I was also around 12 when I first tried to write a book! I actually wrote the whole thing, but it was truly awful lol, and I think it's been lost now, which is just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these shorter tags, they're fun to do and don't take forever. :) That's kinda cool you always get Katniss- she rocks! And yay for The Hobbit! I need to do a re- read of it at some point, I'm so hazy on it, read it last in my early teens I think.

    I think the Bible would be an interesting book to take, it's certainly big enough and has enough variety! Can you imagine only one book though? Nooooooo... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, precisely! I need the extra time to practice my botany. ;) I was going to read the Hobbit after the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but I never got around to it.

    I need variety, and I would be very sad on my desert island with the Bible... but at least I'd have some reading material. Hopefully that will never happen to me in real life. :P
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Greg!
    ~Litha Nelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been the same about poetry that I haven't read it much but for some reason it's the #1 thing I've wanted to read this year, it's odd. I'm also much the same about romance, I haven't dated much and I know I can be a bit cynical, but I like historical romance novels for some reason. The setting and knowing I'll have a nice happy ending I suppose, they usually cheer me up.

    I can see you being a Katniss, strong and quiet type aside, she has a deep respect for nature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poetry is generally easier for me to read- my eyes have trouble reading paragraphs lately (I am blaming my meds) and so short stanzas are a breeze compared to that. If my teen self knew how much romance I read now, she'd be disgusted! :P I guess that's how much I've changed- I don't care if people think I'm desperately needing romance (when, in actuality, I'm a bit cold toward people sometimes). Romance is a guaranteed HEA, and life doesn't have that guarantee, unfortunately.

    Ah, yes, I do love nature. I'm not as quiet as people think, though. XD
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Jamie!
    ~Litha Nelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate reading romance elements because they always seem so cheezy! Ha ha. 😂

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...