Sunday, January 17, 2016

SFF: The 5 Authors You Won't Shut Up About

The Sunday Fun Five #45

Sunday Fun 5:

A Countdown of

The 5 Authors You Won't Shut Up About



5. Alice Hoffman, author of The Dovekeepers and Turtle Moon
Technically, she could be higher up on the list, as I read and review many of her many books, but generally I don't talk much about her outside my reviews and reading updates. This lady has a serious gift for storytelling.


4. Patrick Rothfuss, author of the Kingkiller Chronicle
So, I've never reviewed his books. The concept frightens me- what if I get it wrong and people judge me for not being 100% superfan legitimate? I haven't quite decided if I'll ever get around to it, but I will certainly go on a quest to find his signed books.


3. Brandon Sanderson, (the Benevolent), author of Warbreaker and the Stormlight Archive
Called the Benevolent rather permanently on this blog, this author has some serious fantasy chops. He can also write like the wind. He also had a signing in a nearby town, which I didn't go to for fear of horribly embarrassing myself. He's basically a superhero, author-wise, so it's no wonder I talk about him all the time (especially when waxing poetic about fantasy).


2. Ilona Andrews, authors of the Kate Daniels series and Clean Sweep
Technically, they are two authors (with one pseudonym), but they still make the list, as I became a fan of theirs in the course of reading and reviewing for this blog. I'm glad I was curious enough about the buzz surrounding their books to pick one up, as they are frequently one of my favorites to read (and elevate my mood).


1. Margaret Atwood, author of The Handmaid's Tale and The Heart Goes Last
This is another case where I'm too nervous to review the book I love best by this author. Cat's Eye probably ranks as one of the top five books I've enjoyed most to read, and one that I've connected the most with. Beyond Cat's Eye, there's a myriad of Margaret Atwood's books I've enjoyed, but most have yet to be reviewed on this blog. Hopefully I'll get around to it someday.


Who are some of the authors you mention all the time? Which book of theirs do you recommend most?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Express Yourself:
Agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...